Facebook's birthday - February 4
Congratulations to Facebook, the social network that celebrates its birthday today. It seems to have always been here, but in fact it is only 17 years old.
The Facebook site was founded on February 4, 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes and Andrew McCollum who were Harvard students.
At first only students from Harvard were allowed to join the network but on September 11, 2006 it was opened to the general public, and today it is the largest online social network in the world and is available in more than 70 languages, with over a billion users.
In honor of Facebook's birthday, get some interesting facts about the site that has become an integral part of your life:
1. The average user spends 40 minutes on Facebook every day.
2. People who have a smartphone check Facebook an average of 14 times a day.
The average user has 130 Facebook friends.
4. 600,000 hacking attempts are made to Facebook accounts daily.
5. One of the languages offered on Facebook that you can change in your preferences is the language of the "pirates".
6. The first face that appeared on Facebook's Facebook screen in 2007, of a guy with a tough bluish look, was that of Al Pacino.
7. Some people were murdered for canceling friendships with someone on Facebook.
8. There are about 30 million dead people on Facebook.
9. Facebook has a feature that allows you to designate a person to manage your account after your death.
10. Facebook keeps track of which sites you visit, even after you leave it.
11. According to studies, 1 in 3 people feel more dissatisfied with their life after visiting Facebook.
12. Facebook's color is mostly blue, because Mark Zuckerberg suffers from red-green color blindness.
13. The "Like" button on Facebook was originally supposed to be called "Awesome".
14. Every minute 1.8 million likes are made across Facebook.
15. Mark Zuckerberg cannot be blocked on Facebook.
16. Mark Zuckerberg's salary as CEO of Facebook is only one dollar.
17. Since 2009, the sites Facebook, Twitter and the New York Times have been blocked in China.
18. Despite the block, Facebook has 95 million users in China.
19. Facebook does not allow the posting of photos of breastfeeding women.
20. When Zuckerberg created Facebook in 2004, he bragged about people trusting him and posting personal information on his site. He called them "Dumb f * cks."
21. Facebook earns an average of $ 5.85 per citizen in the US.
22. In the UK, a woman was sent to 20 months in prison for creating fake Facebook profiles and sending herself abusive messages.
23. 8.7% of Facebook accounts are fake.
24. In 2013, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg donated $ 1 billion to charity, making him the largest charity donor in the United States.
On December 1, 2015, Zuckerberg gave birth to a daughter, whose name is Max, and he promised at the time of her birth that he would contribute about 99% of the value of Facebook shares to charity during his lifetime.
26. Facebook spends about $ 30 million a month just on hosting the site.
27. Every minute the Facebook site is shut down, it loses $ 25,000.
28. In 2005, the website Myspace was in talks to buy Facebook, but rejected the deal because of the price Mark Zuckerberg asked for, $ 75 million, which seemed too expensive to him.
29. In 2009, one of the founders of Whatsapp, Brian Acton, was not hired by Facebook. Five years later, Facebook acquired WhatsApp for $ 19 billion.
30. In 2014, a Minnesota burglar was caught after logging in to his Facebook account on a computer at home and forgetting to log out.
31. Any text you enter in the status box is sent to Facebook servers, even if you did not click "Post".
32. According to a study by a doctor from Ohio University, Facebook users have on average fewer years of schooling than people who do not use Facebook.
All rights reserved Ⓒ
The use of this website's content is for personal only. Do not copy and distribute in any other media. Use of the contents of this website without permission for purposes that have not been approved will result in legal actions.