No Dirty Dishes Day is celebrated on May 18 every year, to give us all a break from the usual daily routine of washing dirty dishes after every meal.
It is not known who invented this day, but it was probably someone who did not like to wash dishes. He or she probably thought of how much it is Sisyphean: work hard and then enjoy a clean sink, and after a short time again see the sink full of dirty dishes because people ate at home. Annoying, isn't it?
So much money, time and energy is invested every day in washing and drying dishes, and then arranging them back in place, so one day a year is allowed to be freed from that need.
How to celebrate No Dirty Dishes Day?
There are several options to celebrate this day.
1. Do not wash the dirty dishes and wait with them until tomorrow.
2. Eat outside so that there are no dirty dishes at home.
3. Eat with disposable dishes (to be earth-friendly use disposable utensils made of consumables)
4. Eat the food straight from the box, as in dishes that come packaged like pizza Or a hamburger and fries, or eating small meals that do not require dishes like a banana or a hard-boiled egg.
5. Another option is to take the idea in the opposite direction and make sure all day that the sink is clean and shiny by washing the dirty dishes all the time.
If you liked the idea, you can share photos and thoughts on social media using the hashtag #NoDirtyDishesDay.